Non-marking and non-slip micro-grooved natural rubber outsole
Soft split leather. Padded leather insoles.
Sole made from 30% recycled rubber, reducing its environmental impact
Why make it so that the shoe can be worn like an "espadrille"?
Quite simply because on a boat, you repeatedly need to put on and take off your shoes. Manoeuvres, relaxing on board, landing on a beach, walking to get supplies, etc. Basically, we wanted to find a way to get shoes on and off quickly, without using your hands.
The heel is made from leather, for a secure fit, but without a heel stiffener so that it "folds down" easily. We are not promising you the unrivalled comfort of espadrille sandals, but a good middle ground instead.
How to maintain your leather shoes
After sailing, we advise you to:
- Leave the shoes to dry near a heat source
- On the completely dry leather, vigorously brush with a hard brush to get rid of mud and dirt
- Use a suede brush or nubuck rubber to get remove stains
- If the stains remain, clean with a brush and a bit of warm water
- Leave to dry
- Brush again with a hard brush
- Spray on a waterproofing treatment: this will give the leather a shine and bring out the colour
Removable insole for quick drying. It can also be replaced with an orthopaedic sole
Sustainable development additional information
Our soles: using recycled rubber in this product reduces the use of resources by recycling materials that are at the end of their lifespan. The technical use and quality stays the same with this material.